Enquiry form for Cygnia Cove

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


To help you with building your dream home we have compiled a number of answers to the most common FAQs. If you can’t find an answer to your question, please contact us.

Why should I buy from Richard Noble and Company?

When you buy, you should buy in a community where you will enjoy living. Richard Noble has more than 100 years experience designing and developing communities that provide the lifestyle features people want.

Richard Noble has been responsible for developing some of Perth’s best known suburbs, including Mount Lawley, Maylands, Bicton, Melville and Leeming.

Some of their more recent projects include Thomsons Lake, Magnolia Gardens, Eden Green, Wentworth West and Vivente.  Richard Noble has also delivered a number of major commercial projects such as the first stage of Cockburn Gateway Shopping City.

Why do I need a settlement agent / conveyancer?

When you sign an offer and acceptance contract to purchase a lot you will be asked to nominate a settlement agent or conveyancer. The main task of a conveyancer is to transfer ownership of the property. This task has many components, which differ depending on your circumstances and whether you are buying or selling the property. They will liaise with your mortgage broker/bank and other relevant parties to finalise the transfer of ownership of your new lot/property from the developer to yourself.

Once you have nominated a settlement agency/conveyancer they will send you a letter of appointment to allow them to act on your behalf in the property transaction. There are many settlement agents/solicitors available and you should compare fees and services. Richard Noble recommends Elizabeth Reiss and Associates (there is no financial interest between the two parties).

What is a cottage style lot?

Cottage lots are smaller, low maintenance homesites with narrower frontages. They suit people looking for an easy-care, lock-up and leave lifestyle, with little or no garden. Cottage lots suit downsizers, empty-nesters, small families and first home buyers. They can be rear loaded (garage accessed off a rear lane way – front door at the front of the block) or front loaded (standard garage and front door to the front of the block).

What is a traditional lot?

Traditional homesites are usually 450m² or greater with wider frontages. People who wish to build a 4 bed 2 bath home with a double garage will generally choose a traditional lot.

What is a setback?

In town planning terms a setback is the distance from a street, property line, or structure within which building is not allowed. Setback rules are different depending on the zoning of the block so ask your Richard Noble sales professional or new home builder consultant about setbacks on your home site. Setbacks can affect where your new home is situated on your lot and where pools, gazebos, garages or other features may be built.

What are Design Guidelines?

In order to attain a superior standard and to encourage home design excellence at Salters Landing, design guidelines have been created. These set out the minimum standards and conditions under which residential development within the Estate will normally be approved. These guidelines apply in addition to, and not in lieu of other statutory requirements. Approval from the City of South Perth will be required in addition to any approval issued by the Developer. Any Local Development Plans will take precedent over these guidelines.

Visit the Builder Resources to download the Design Guidelines.

I live overseas and am not an Australian resident, can I build in Western Australia?

The Australian Government has guidelines for overseas residents wishing to build in Australia. For information on how these rules apply to your personal circumstances see the FIRB (Foreign Investment Review Board) website at www.firb.gov.au and the Foreign Buyers Duty.

New or established housing?

There are many lifestyle and financial reasons for choosing to build your new home rather than buy a house in the established homes market. You can achieve further savings as you only pay stamp duty on the land component of the home. From a lifestyle perspective a new home offers a house designed for your lifestyle, with modern bathrooms and kitchens, all new appliances with new appliance warranties, a structural guarantee, less maintenance and homes for modern living which include alfresco entertaining and open plan living areas.

Why does the buyer have to seek building approval and how does it work?

One full set of plans and specifications must be submitted to the Estate Project Manager by email info@rnoble.com.au prior to the plans being submitted to the relevant council under the normal building approval procedure. The Project Manager will peruse such plans for compliance with the Restrictive Covenants and Design Guidelines and if considered to comply will return an approval advice to the sender of the plans within 7 business days.

How does the Fencing Bonus work?

If your contract includes a fencing bonus and construction of your house is completed within the specified period (usually 36 months) from Settlement Date, the Seller will erect side and rear boundary Colorbond fencing.

Please contact Richard Noble & Company when your house has been completed and at least 4 weeks before landscaping is required. The Seller will then instruct the contractor who will contact you to arrange a date and time to proceed.